Thursday, October 8, 2015

Puppet Time!

This week, at my home, has been one full of construction-paper-projects :)

I dont schedule out every activity we do, we just sort of play it by ear. I keep paper, crayons, water color, play dough, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and other things on hand for whenever, and let my kids take the lead.

My 3 year old son has wanted to make puppets, or "puffets" as he calls them, almost every day lately. So we gather up colorful paper, crayons, and since i was out of glue, we used tape! 

I usually draw the shapes on the paper and then let him help me cut them out with children's scissors. (He feels so accomplished when i take the time to let him help). But even my 1 year old loves the tape most of all! We lay out each shape on top of paper bags and decide where they go. Then they help me apply the tape..... and a masterpeice is created!

But noone is completely satisfied until we've added a few finger-puppets to the collection. This is a bit more tricky, and i definitely recommend doing a search for free printable finger-puppets! But if youre willing to try, and not scared to have something turn out less than perfect, all you need is to draw your puppet, and cut it out! Adding a small ring of paper to the back of the finger puppet will allow a "slot" for a finger to slide and play time can begin!

Paper+scissors= infinite possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment